Wednesday 18 September 2013

Stroller debate

Doh. I never imagined the stroller business would be so confusing! The only thing I DO know is that I'll never EVER own another pram/stroller without swivel wheels, so that's one question answered :-)

So, most strollers have a max weight of 15 kgs, some have 18. They recommend usage from 6 months through 3 years. Or 4 (just to confuse you more, just in case you aren't already overheating your brain with trying to figure out how much your child will weigh in 2 or 3 years time).

Some have double wheelpairs all around, some only on the back, some on the front. Which is better?

After a lot of internet browsing I have three strollers on my wish list:

Wow. Look at it. Just wow. 
The most appealing feature with this stroller is the paparazzi hood. I also very much love the pocket in the back and the quick and easy fold. However, this one says max weight 15 kgs. The stroller itself weighs 8,5 kgs. Cost: approximately 2100 SEK (eek)
Not found any videos on this one, but the pictures on the website shows quite well what it's all about. The hood seems fairly good and it becomes very handy when folded. Possibly easier to drive a stroller that has two single wheels in the front, I think I've read somewhere they're not as heavy.
Downside with this one is that it's quite heavy (10,5 kgs) but that may be due to it being sturdier; max weight 18 kgs. Cost: approximately 700 SEK


I jumped a mum at the mall the other day (typichal me, I seem to have a talent for jumping people I don't know). From what I could see it has small wheels which would probably prove troublesome when you're actually using it outdoors. This stroller holds 15 kgs as max weight, and the stroller itself weighs 6,9 kgs (!). However, the hood is small, I didn't quite like the lifting thingy you have to do to lower the back seat, and the front wheels points funnily when folded. 
So... No. 
No thank you.



OK, so that makes it easier - I now have TWO strollers on my wish list ;-)

What are your thoughts on strollers?

Love,
L

No comments: