Friday 31 December 2010

Last day coming up

Today is the day before the last day of this year. It's been a long and short year, days going terribly slow and being as heavy to bear as Kilimanjaro, and days being filled with something resembling happiness. Dad has been gone for the most part of these 365 days, and I've missed him every day and not really seen any fun in anything but mostly been "going along". At the same time I've had Daniel in my life, the best husband, friend, funny person (Farbror Freij!) and the love of my life! And I have mum, my brother, Daniels family, my friends, relatives and two BEAUTIFUL siberian cats - life can be good too! I do have my hopes high for next year, we've all been through MAJOR events this year and could really use some relaxed happiness, don't you agree?

This evening was spent in the company of good friends. We asked them over for dinner and served them grilled pork fillets with potato gratin with a green sallad on the side (with avocado, feta cheese, tomatoes and cucumber in it) and - this is the best part - CORN! I LOVE corn! I could eat just the meat with the green sallad and corn, which actually is exactly what I did ;-) Yummy! After having stuffed our faces with this delicious dinner we sat down in the sofa to see Awake, a supernatural crime thriller starring Jessica Alba. We all thought it was really good apart from the minor bug in the end... as in we-couldn't-see-the-ending-cos-the-stupid-movie-was-bugged! Sooo, we will have to downlo... *cough* BUY this movie again to get to see the ending (although I'm 99% sure I know what will happen anyways).

Time to get some sleep.

Happy New Year everyone!
Love, Lina

No comments: