Tuesday 4 January 2011

Stefan Stenberg

Today is my fathers birthday, January 4, he should have been 61 today.

When I woke up this morning I remembered having a dream tonight. Daniel and I were staying over at my mums while she was staying in our apartment (don't ask me why), we had made the bed in the room where they keep the computer. When we woke in the morning I went to the kitchen (or the bathroom, can't remember). Daniel stayed in the room, and when I got back dad was sitting in the red chair by the desk. He was facing the room and had his back at the door, but when he heard me he turned around and smiled at me. I was startled at first, but then I started crying with happiness to see him again, and sorrow that he is gone. He told me that he came here because he wanted to hug me again, and so we hugged for a long time. He had his grey-blue knitted cardigan, it felt rough against my cheek and hands but it smelled just like him.

He didn't stay for very long, and after he was gone I woke up.

No comments: